Category: Auto Racing
The FedEx Cup Playoffs have been cut to the top 70 after last week’s Northern Trust. Hurricane Henri forced a Monday finish where Tony Finau finally got over the hump to beat Cameron Smith in a playoff for his first win in over five years.
70 players are fighting for thirty spots in the Tour Championship next week where the FedEx Cup Champion will be crowned. Players near the bottom of the top 70 will likely need at least a top 15 finish and some luck to move into the top 30.
Getting into the Tour Championship carries big benefits though and players are extremely motivated to find a way in so targeting those close to the cut off line is something worth looking at.
Patrick Reed is the only golfer who is expected to miss this week as he battles pneumonia. With a field as loaded as this, I think it will look a lot like it has in the past and last week with elite players filling the top of the leaderboard come Sunday.
Caves Valley Golf Club is hosting the BMW this year and it is a new course for the Tour. The Champions Tour and the LPGA Tour have both played an event here in the past but this is largely a new test for the players.
Caves Valley is a par 72, playing around 7,540 yards. It is a long course that the fairways have allegedly been brought in a lot to try and provide some defense to the best players in the world. The early sentiment is that the course will yield a lot of birdies and the longer hitters will feast.
There aren’t strong defenses for missing the fairway like last week with water and long grass. It will largely just be rough and bunker placement that causes issues at Caves Valley. There are a number of drivable par fours depending on tee placements this week.
Bent grass greens this week so sorting players by their bent grass putting ability is something I will consider. The around the green ability that was important last week will likely be less of a factor as Caves Valley’s greens are significantly larger in size and more players will be hitting greens this week.
SG: Approach will be the key factor as always, particularly if birdies are out there. The best approach for players with a little extra length off of the tee is the type of player I will be targeting this week.
There are a lot of players with big motivations this week, whether it’s to get into the top 30 or position themself for a realistic shot to win next week. It should be a fun week to watch the best players in the world gun it out.
FREE GOLF PICKS
BMW Championship Outrights
These playoff events are typically won by the very top of the elite players. When you get this many top guys in a field, usually at least one of them brings the A game and takes home the victory.
This week will be […]
Marcus Ericsson did not just make a top ten surge. He battled his way back to the lead pack, holding off Colton Herta and teammate Scott Dixon to win the inaugural Music City GP.
The post Marcus Ericsson ‘Flies’ to Music City GP Win appeared first on Knup Sports.
The green flag is set to wave at 5:30 PM ET in the Big Machine Music City Grand Prix. The race will be televised on NBC Sports Network, but for those looking to dive deeper into the action, here are the best bets for the race.
The post Best Bets for the Big Machine Music City Grand Prix appeared first on Knup Sports.
On Saturday, Colton Herta captured his sixth career pole for Andretti Autosport at the Big Machine Music City Grand Prix.
The post Colton Herta Delivers Music City Pole for Andretti Autosport appeared first on Knup Sports.
On Friday, IndyCar drivers received their first taste of the Music City GP course in an hour practice session.
The post IndyCar Drivers Embracing Bumpy Music City GP Course appeared first on Knup Sports.
The inaugural Big Machine Music City Grand Prix is scheduled for Sunday throughout the streets of Nashville. However, the Music City GP is not just a race. It’s a weekend festival celebrating open-wheel racing machines and country music. This is the first time Indy cars have raced through the streets of Nashville, and it’s expected […]
The post 2021 Big Machine Music City Grand Prix Preview appeared first on Knup Sports.
This weekend, IndyCar will be back in action after a month of downtime at the Inaugural Big Machine Music City GP.
The post 3 Drivers to Watch in the Big Machine Music City GP appeared first on Knup Sports.
Josef Newgarden delivered his 19th career IndyCar win at the Honda Indy 200 on the 50th anniversary weekend of Roger Penske’s first victory as a car owner.
The post Honda Indy 200 Race Report: Team Penske’s Drought is Over appeared first on Knup Sports.
Unibet has partnered with the Stewart-Haas NASCAR team of driver Kevin Harvick to be the primary sponsor in the NASCAR Cup Series races at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Martinsville Speedway.Read More
Team Penske, one of the American racing powerhouses, has still not had a driver at the top of the podium in 2021.
The post Team Penske Still Searching for a Win appeared first on Knup Sports.
Alex Palou claimed his second victory of the season and regained the lead in the NTT IndyCar Series standings.
The post Alex Palou Prevails in REV Group Grand Prix appeared first on Knup Sports.
- Blues vs Kings RecapOct 25, 2021
- Types of MLB Bets | All You Need to KnowOct 25, 2021
- 3 Biggest Takeaways from Opening WeekOct 25, 2021
- Manchester United’s Disastrous Loss to LiverpoolOct 25, 2021
- 2021 Boston Red Sox: From Last Place to the ALCSOct 25, 2021
- Oli Marmol Named Cardinals ManagerOct 25, 2021
- KnupSports NHL Power Rankings: 10/25/21Oct 25, 2021
- Playoff Photoshoot Post NFL Week 7Oct 25, 2021
- Reviewing the Dodgers for 2022Oct 25, 2021
- College Hoops Week in ReviewOct 25, 2021
- Cavs First Week RecapOct 25, 2021
- Cardinals Prospect- #28 Ali SanchezOct 25, 2021
- The Chiefs will Miss the PlayoffsOct 25, 2021
- The Astros Did the Rebuild Better Than the CubsOct 25, 2021
- NBA Dark Horse Rookie of the Year CandidatesOct 25, 2021
- Houston Astros 3 Big Things Needed to WinOct 25, 2021
- Three NHL Stars of the Week (10/18-10/24)Oct 24, 2021
- The Ben Simmons Saga Continues for the 76ersOct 24, 2021
- What Makes a Good NFL Betting SiteOct 24, 2021
- Louisiana Sports Betting Launch Date MovedOct 24, 2021
- ANS Joins Los Angeles GladiatorsOct 24, 2021
- World Series Preview: Position By Position BreakdownOct 24, 2021
- 2021 Heisman Trophy Race will be a Tight FinishOct 24, 2021
- Patriots vs Jets Pick & Preview – NFL Week 7Oct 24, 2021
- Linus Ullmark Shines in Net for BruinsOct 23, 2021
- Saints vs Seahawks Pick & Preview – NFL Week 7Oct 23, 2021
- Notre Dame Looks to Ring the BellOct 23, 2021
- What is Line Betting?Oct 23, 2021
- New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics Game RecapOct 23, 2021
- Raven Run Stakes Quick PicksOct 22, 2021
- Hill Prince Stakes Quick PicksOct 22, 2021
- Mets’ Offseason QuestionsOct 22, 2021
- Is Russell Westbrook a Good Fit for the Lakers?Oct 22, 2021
- Noble Damsel Stakes Quick PicksOct 22, 2021
- Cardinals vs Texans Prediction & NFL Odds for Week 7Oct 22, 2021
- Three NHL Draft Prospects to WatchOct 22, 2021
- See Who’s Attending the iGG & SGS MergerOct 22, 2021
- Two Weeks Until iGG & SGS MergerOct 22, 2021
- Bears vs Buccaneers Pick & Preview – NFL Week 7Oct 22, 2021
- ALCS Game 6: Must-Win for the Red Sox in HoustonOct 22, 2021
- Ronaldo is the Hero Again Against AtalantaOct 22, 2021
- Taphorn’s Twelve Pack: NFL Week 7Oct 22, 2021
- Giants vs Panthers Prediction & NFL Odds for Week 7Oct 22, 2021
- The New York Giants Need a FiresaleOct 22, 2021
- Georgia Bulldogs clear cut No. 1 teamOct 22, 2021
- The Broncos MishapsOct 22, 2021
- Breaking Down the Super Bowl ContendersOct 22, 2021
- How will the new NBA foul rules affect the gamesOct 22, 2021
- Is Lamelo Ball an MVP Candidate?Oct 22, 2021
- Sean McDermott Made the Right Choice Going for ItOct 22, 2021
- NHL Top 10: DefensemenOct 22, 2021
- Top 3 Bets for NBA FridayOct 22, 2021
- St. Louis vs Las Vegas RecapOct 22, 2021
- Taphorn’s Twelve Pack: College Football Week 8Oct 22, 2021
- NFL Week 7 Betting LocksOct 22, 2021
- Football Team vs Packers Pick & Preview – NFL Week 7Oct 22, 2021
- Premier League Matchday 9 Preview & PicksOct 22, 2021
- Jeremy Swayman Struggles in PhiladelphiaOct 21, 2021
- Panthers vs Giants Pick & Preview – NFL Week 7Oct 21, 2021
- Saints vs Seahawks Prediction & NFL Odds for Week 7Oct 21, 2021
- Red Sox Nation: Keep the FaithOct 21, 2021
- Are the Warriors the Team to Beat This Year?Oct 21, 2021
- Beard Looks to Bulldog Texas TrendOct 21, 2021
- The Dark Horse of the AFC: The Tennessee TitansOct 21, 2021
- Bengals vs Ravens Prediction & NFL Odds for Week 7Oct 21, 2021
- Key Points for Each Team in the Championship SeriesOct 21, 2021
- Chiefs vs Titans Pick & Preview – NFL Week 7Oct 21, 2021
- Colts vs 49ers Pick & Preview – NFL Week 7Oct 21, 2021
- Is Gregg Berhalter the Right Choice For Team USA?Oct 21, 2021
- Bradley Beal Feeling Optimistic Ahead of SeasonOct 21, 2021
- Fanbo Zeng signs with G League IgniteOct 21, 2021